Please bring your repeat prescription request to the surgery at least one week before you will run out of medication. Allow two working days (48 hours) before collection.
Repeat prescriptions are a significant part of our workload, with over 1,000 being processed each week. Accuracy is the key and with this in mind we are unable to accept them over the telephone (unless with a doctor's permission), so please bring requests into the surgery or post/fax them.
Repeat prescriptions can also be requested online
Local pharmacies participate in a prescription collection service. Please ask your chosen pharmacy for more details.
Prescriptions can be posted through our secure Red box located inside the Practice or they can also be faxed to 01737 858 919.
Medicine waste is a serious and growing problem within the NHS.
- Unused prescription medicines cost the NHS across England over £100million every year - over £8million across Surrey.
- Unused medicines cannot be recycled.
- Unused medicines kept at home are a safety risk for children or others who may take them.
- Only order what you need - if you don't need the medicine don't order it. If you need the medicine in the future you can still request it.
- To help get the best from your medicines ask your pharmacist for advice.